Monday, February 8, 2016

Failed Crows and Kitten Craziness


I know the saying says that when you own a home, you're always fixing something. But is it really normal for so much to go so wrong in the first year of owning a house?

This morning our toilets stopped working. That's kind of a big deal when all three of you spend all day at home. So, for the second time in 6 months, we had to call the plumbers out. It took them 4 hours just to find the stupid septic tank, and when they did, oh my. It's full. As in completely! The toilets stopped working because the pipes were full! It looks like this thing has never been pumped. We should've known this was going to be a problem when we bought the place and no one knew where the septic tank was. Joy. This comes on the tail end of some large and unexpected bills that have tapped us out and I made the announcement this morning that there is zero spending until payday. I'm not even sure how we're going to get groceries, we might just have to make do with what we've got for a few extra days.

So, to make myself feel better, I decided to watch some of our videos that I've been trying to share but my computer hates me so it's failed every time. Let's see if it will work now. I apologize in advance if I got your hopes up for nothing.

First up, failed crowing. The roosters are trying their voices, but they're not very good yet. Here is Denzel greeting the morning.






Jynx is making herself part of the tribe quickly!


Even Asha secretly loves her. I've caught them playing a few times, but Asha won't admit to it. 

And if a kitten chasing a ball can't make you smile, what can? 

I apologize for the video wobble. Apparently, I do not make a good cinematographer. 






And before you say it, yes, she was an added expense we didn't need. But, as I said, the large bills took me by surprise. We were in a much better position a few weeks ago. But, that's the way it goes, I guess. And she really has earned her keep. I didn't really realize how much I needed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment