Friday, October 16, 2015

We have the geekiest discussions

Steve and I have a routine of getting into the spa at the end of the day prior to making dinner. Often, we have a drink (not always alcoholic) while relaxing.

Just thought I’d set the scene for our conversation.

Steve: Are you pouring a libation?

Me: Yep. Although it won’t really be a libation, I was going to have the pumpkin pie soda today.

Steve: Ok. But that’s still a libation.

Me: Really? I thought “libation” suggested alcohol. You know, referring to the liberating effects.

Steve: No, I don’t think so. I think it can refer to any refreshing drink.

Me: Huh. We’re geeks.

Steve: Yep!

And just for clarity’s sake: (According to Dictionary.com)
Libation- noun
1.       A pouring out of wine or other liquid in honor of a deity.
2.       The liquid poured out.
3.       Often facetious
a.       An intoxicating beverage; as wine, especially when drunk in ceremonial or celebrative situations.
b.      An act or instance of drinking such a beverage.

So, I guess we were both right? But mostly me.


P.S. Proof! 
Although I don't really recommend it. It was a bit sweet for my taste, not enough spice. My son liked it, though. He said it tasted like pavlova. Steve and I agree, however, that it tastes nothing like pavlova. So if you do buy a bottle, please don't judge pavlova based on this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment