Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Haunted

The rental we're currently in is haunted. If you don't believe in ghosts, don't come to our house. Steve didn't believe in ghosts either. Now he does.

There have been a number of times when unusual occurrences have happened here, and for the most part we're used to them, but occasionally it still gives us goose bumps, like last night.

Last night the cat was going to sleep in bed with me until Steve and I both refused to get up to turn off the light (we really need a clapper or remote or something) which turned into a tickle war that I won but he barked at me which startled me, but it scared the shit out of the cat who jumped off the bed and wanted out- the door was closed. Steve told her no, and I called her back to snuggle with me, but she was pissed so she stalked into the bathroom, I assumed she slept in the closet, because she never came back to bed.

When the alarm went off at 7am, the cat meowed at the door like she does every morning. I was still half asleep, so I thought, "For fuck sake cat! No matter what side of the door she's on, she wants to be on the other side!" And then I realized she was on the other side; she wasn't in the bedroom. Steve also looked a little freaked and asked if I had let her out during the night. No. Did he let her out during the night? No. Who let the cat out of the bedroom?

Then Steve says that she was in the room at 4:30 am when he got up to use the bathroom because she was stretched out on the bed next to me. Except she's not a stretchy sleeper, she ALWAYS curls up when she sleeps. And she always wakes me up when she curls up to sleep with me because she has to check that I'm breathing first, at least, that's what I assume she's doing. So, whatever slept next to me in bed last night was not our cat. And someone let our cat out of the room.

What the hell was sleeping next to me?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment