Tuesday, April 28, 2015

I suck at blogging

So, I realized that I suck at this whole blogging thing. It's been nearly 3 weeks since my last post, but in my defense, it's been 3 incredibly hectic weeks.

The move in is officially happening. We're in the middle of the whole moving thing, and that's never pleasant. This time, we have months to get through the process, so it's much less stressful than our last several moves which were chaotic stress monkey filled days of sheer panic. So far, I've only had a handful of panic attacks. That's something, right?

But I'm so afraid that I have over committed to so very much. There's a lot of work to do on the property, and I'm not in good enough shape to do even a smidgen of it. Since we're so far away from the schools, and typical schools just have never worked very well with my son, I'm going to start home schooling him after the move is done. Steve still wants me to get a job, which I have been gloriously unsuccessful at in the past year+, and it will only be more difficult living out in the boonies, home schooling, cleaning/repairing/building the farm, running our business, and attempting to stay sane. So, I've been looking at starting a brick and mortar shop in town that could house arts and crafts from people all over central Texas. The amount of work to get that going is staggering, so it's going to have to wait until I can take a full breath.

While all these plans have been nailing me between the eyes, I've also been dealing with the day to day hassles of the necessity of working with people who have less than no respect for me or my opinion, but whom I've had to rely on. A few have given me a total run around, and so I've cut my losses and I'm not chasing them down anymore. I really just cannot waste so much of my energy on people who are so astonishingly disorganized and insist on somehow making that my problem! You contacted me, get your shit together!

Blah.

At least we stayed the night the weekend before last at the farm and had one heck of a thunderstorm while we were there. The neighbors probably thing we're nuts! Steve and I stood on the front porch giggling like maniacs.
The approaching storm
I wanted to upload a video or 2, but apparently they're too big for the blog, and I don't have any software to edit them. Bugger. It was pretty impressive, though.







No comments:

Post a Comment